Apara Ekadashi Puja Vidhi and Vrat Katha
Apara Ekadashi Vrat is a highly auspicious day dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is also known as Achala Ekadashi, Bhadrakali Ekadashi and Jalakrida Ekadashi. Ekadasi fast is considered highly pious and is assumed to be one of the ways to attain Moksha.
In states of Punjab, Haryana and Kashmir, the day is celebrated as Bhadrakali Ekadashi or Bhadrakali Jayanti. It is celebrated as the appearance day of Maa Bhadrakali – incarnation of Goddess Kali. It is one of the most propitious day for worshipping Goddess Bhadrakali.
In Orissa, this day is celebrated as Jalakrida Ekadashi, which is dedicated to Lord Jagannath in Puri.
Apara Ekadashi Vrat Katha
Once upon a time, there lived a religious king named Mahidhvaj. His younger brother, Bhrajdhvaj, was a cruel, sinner and unjust person. He used to hate Mahidhvaj. One night he killed his elder brother. And he buried the dead body beneath a Pipal tree. Now he started showing violence to the Pipal tree. Accidentally, one day, a Rishi named Dhumya passed from there. Then, Rishi advised him to observe the fast of Apara Ekadashi and get free from all his sins, in order to live a peaceful life.
Apara Ekadasi Fast
Whoever truly fears his past and present sins must observe this fast.
- This vrat is observed from sunrise till the sunrise on the next day.
- Total abstinence from food on Ekadasi gives blissful results. Fast is broken on the next day after taking bath and offering prayers to Lord Vishnu.
- You can observe partial fast by consuming fruits and milk. Avoid eating rice.
- Strictly avoid eating grains (especially rice), honey, meat and eating on a bell metal plate. Do not apply oil on the day.
Apara Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi
- Wake up early, take bath and offer prayers.
- Offer fruits and Tulsi while worshipping Lord Vishnu.
- Do not pick leaves from Tulsi plant on this day. (Collect leaves a day before.)
- Visit nearby Vishnu temple.
- Recite Vishnu Sahasranama or simply chant “Om Namo Narayana”.
- Observe self-control, do Maun-Japa i.e. repeat Lord’s name in mind.
- Arrange Satsang and Bhajan.
Onlineprasad.com wishes you and your family a very happy and blessed Apara Ekadashi Vrat. Get special prasad on this day!
Sri Yudhishthira Maharaj said, Oh Janardana, what is the name of the Ekadasi that occurs during the dark fortnight (krishna paksha) of the month of Jyeshtha (…
This page provides you the most shubh, auspicious time for Apara Ekadashi Vrat, fasting date and Parana time in year 2016 for Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Apara Ekadashi Vrat Katha in Hindi. Apara Ekadashi is also known as Achala Ekadashi or Jayestha Krishna paksh Ekadashi. Apara Ekadashi Vrat …
Apara Ekadashi 2016 is on June 1 (Wednesday)and the Hindus celebrate Apara Ekadashi devoutly by observing fast and offering prayers to Lord Vishnu.
May 21, 2014 – Apara or Achala Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Know the complete puja vidhi and read Apara Ekadashi Vrat katha. Worship lord vishnu …
Apara Ekadasi occurs during the waning phase of moon in the month of Jyeshtha (May – June). The importance of Apara Ekadashi was explained by Lord …
Apara Ekadashi vrat is a very essential Ekadashi fast. Browse through the article to know about Achala Ekadashi fasting and how to observe it.